Book Review: Making Handmade Books

Making Handmade Books 100+ Bindings, Structures & Forms
By Alisa Golden

I recently got a copy of this book and I'm enjoying reading about the many different bindings it covers. It is very extensive with detailed illustrations. I think this book is better suited for someone with experience bookbinding, because it glosses over the basics. The book also tends to focus on books as art pieces, where I prefer to make utilitarian books, but it is still interesting to read with a lot of useful information. There are many bindings that I am looking forward to trying, including the Crossed-Structure Binding, Secret Belgian Binding, and Split Board Binding. There are also interesting cover ideas that I would like to explore. If you are interested in bookbinding, I recommend picking this book up. 

♥ Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment