4 Simple Goals (before 2013)


Elsie at A Beautiful Mess has challenged her readers to come up with 4 Simple Goals to accomplish before 2013. These are activity oriented, rather than result oriented, goals. We also get to reward ourselves for accomplishing our goals!

I am a bit of a soda junky. I know it's unhealthy, but I like to tell myself that, as vices go, it's no so bad. However, I am generally a healthy eater with the exception of my soda habit. So, although I know I won't give up my Classic Coke altogether, I want to make it less of a ritual and more of a treat. Reward: A new dress (hopefully it will be in a smaller size too!)

I love my Polaroid camera, but the film is a bit pricey, and it's big, old, and old-fashioned looking. Since I hate the attention that I get when I use this camera, and I hoard film for that "perfect photo" that never happens, I don't use it as much as I should. I have four packs of film that I want to use before 2013 (that's 40 photos) because... well because the pictures come out awesome and it's a waste not to use it. Reward: I get to buy more film.

For a few months now I have gone "no-poo." That's where you clean your hair with baking soda instead of shampoo (I also use home-made shampoo bars on occasion). I clean it every-other-day at the moment, but the goal is to extend the time between washings as far as I can. It's not only healthier for your hair (and your body), but most people report that their hair looks nicer than it ever did with shampoo. I can tell you that I had immediate positive results. So, I have been a bit of a wuss about going longer than two days between washings, but now is the time. Reward: A professional haircut (I usually cut my own hair :P)

This is going to be the toughest goal to accomplish. If I'm a bit tired, or have a cold, or just don't feel like doing anything, I usually spend my downtime thinking about what I should be doing. I should be making more books; I should be organizing my closet; I should be cooking a nice dinner instead of opening a can of soup. I think that if I consciously choose to enjoy this time, I will actually get more done when I do decide to be active. In essence, sometimes I just need to relax! Reward: Once I feel like I can relax I will give myself an entire day off to enjoy it.

♥ Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment