Ceramic Book Covers

Jessica and I decided to do a group project. I made ceramic book covers.
First, I rolled out a slab of clay. Next, I picked which stamps I wanted for the front and back of the cover.

I decided to do the same stamps on the front and back. Next, the flat rectangle pieces were fired in the kiln.

Lastly, I picked glazes that I felt best matched the design on the clay. Now it is Jessica's turn to see if she can bind some paper in between the covers. The books might be super heavy but it is a experiment we are willing to try. Can't wait to see how they turn out Jessica. They are in the mail.